Welcome to our website!
The Belgian authorities are reviewing their rules and recommendations on travel within the EU/Schengen zone in the light of the recent evolution of the covid-19 pandemic within the other member states.
- As from July 12th, the Belgian Government decided to put Sweden, based on the present infection level in the country, in a new ‘red category’ thereby interdicting all tourist or non-essential travel to Sweden for Belgians and residents in Belgium.
- Travelers from Sweden into Belgium, independent of their nationality, are requested to respect a mandatory covid-19 test and a confinement of two weeks.
- Essential travel for professional, medical or family reasons remains possible but will need to be supported by documents establishing the essential nature of the travel to Belgium. These travelers are highly recommended to respect all covid-19 regulations in Belgium (hygiene, social distancing, wearing of face masks, medical advice in case of symptoms), and to take a test and respect self-confinement as the necessity arises.
These measures will continue to be reviewed on a regular basis, following up on medical updates.
The Consular Service is available :
- by telephone from Monday to Friday between 9:30 and 12:30, and between 13:30 and 16:00, or
- by mail: email@example.com
Corona Virus (Covid-19)
For precise and up-to-date information, we invite you to look at the following official websites :
Or you can call the Swedish information number: 113 13
The Latvian emergency number: 113
The solidarity Belgians show each other internationally in reaction to the corona crisis is heartwarming. We have noticed that Belgians in Sweden and Latvia, too, want to offer their help.
That is why the Facebook group #BelgenVoorElkaar - #BelgesSolidaires - #BelgierFürEinander has been started to ease the contact between Belgians. Become a member now at https://www.facebook.com/groups/BelgenVoorElkaarBelgesSolidairesBelgierF...
If you have specific questions, you can also contact our colleagues through Facebook chat between 7:00 am and midnight: m.me/diplomatie.belgium
Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to Sweden or Latvia and would like to register with the Embassy in Stockholm? Did you lose your passport while you were travelling through Sweden or Latvia as a tourist? Do you need to request a visa in order to travel to Belgium? Then you’ve come to the right address.
This website will keep you up to date on consular matters that are specifically applicable to Belgians in Sweden and Latvia, current events in Belgian foreign policy and other useful information or events.