Home Frequently Asked Questions Faq Aangifte in de belasting van niet-inwoners - Déclaration à l'impôt des non-résidents
Aangifte in de belasting van niet-inwoners - Déclaration à l'impôt des non-résidents
Many people who have worked in Belgium for a period of time, but now enjoy their retirement in Sweden, received a Declaration of income (“Aangifte in de belasting van niet-inwoners”, “Déclaration à l'impôt des non-résidents”) from the Belgian tax service for the first time in 2020. This is because as of 2020, the Belgian tax service actively looked for persons who are taxable for the Belgian tax on non-residents. However, the double taxation agreement between Belgium and Sweden is still in force, and determines which country can collect tax on your pension.
Please note that the embassy is not authorized to provide information on pension and taxation. For questions concerning your “Non-resident income tax return” (Dutch: “Aangifte in de belasting van niet-inwoners”; French: “Déclaration à l'impôt des non-résidents’’), we refer you to the following pages :
If you want to contact the Non-residents tax administration directly, you can reach them:
- Via telephone, every weekday from 8.30 to 17.00 on the number 0032 25 75 46 00 or the number 0032 25 76 84 50;
- If you have a Belgian ID-card, please keep it handy when you call.
- Via e-mail, on the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org (Dutch-speaking team), or the address email@example.com (French-speaking team);
- You can also send your e-mail in English;
- Please mention your Belgian national registry number or your BIS-number in your correspondence.